Presentation of CSU's 2-Dimensional Video Disdrometer for the Canadian CloudSat/CALIPSO Validation Programme
Parsivel Distrometer Results presented at the American Geophysical Union, Spring 2007.
A series of measurements at the CARE site from the 2DVD instrument.
Overview of the Parsivel instrument:
- Measures size and fall velocity of hydrometeors
- Present weather sensor
- Sampling area: ~50 cm2, varies with drop diameter
- Number of size and velocity bins: 32 x 32 matrix
- Drop size range: 0.06-24.5 mm
- Velocity range: 0.05-20.8 m/sec
- Operation period at Wallops Island: Spring 2002 - present
- Manufacturer: OTT in Germany www.ott-hydrometry.de